Cobb Sizing Tester
|Diameter||88 mm(3.6 Inch)|
|Level Indication||Indication for 100 ml on the inside of the cylinder|
|Weight||10 Kg, 10.5 Kg|
|Width||210 mm (8 Inch)|
|Test Area||100 cm2|
|Roller Material||Stainless Steel|
is used for measuring the water absorbency of paper or paperboard. Cobb Sizing Tester is made up of stainless steel material, which is corrosion free. Circular pan can be rotated about 180 degree. Cobb sizing tester is used to measure the absorbency of water of sample sheet. Cobb Sizing Tester has a stainless steel roller also. Roller is used for drying the wet sample sheet. Firstly, we measure the GSM of circular sample sheet of paper or paperboard and then placed in the circular pan filled with water for Cobb Sizing test. Then, pan should be rotated at 180 degree and wait for few minutes. After sometime we see sample sheet of paper or paperboard absorbed the water. Due to water absorbency weight of paper or paperboard increases. Then, wet paper is pressed by roller to make the paper or paperboard dry.
This process is done manually. Thus, we calculate the GSM of dry paper or paperboard, and compare it with the GSM reading of before process. So we can determine the increment of weight after the whole process. COBB Sizing Tester is used for determining the water absorbency of paper, paperboard and corrugated fiberboard. It measures the weight increase of a sample exposed to water for a given time. Salient Features:
- Convenient spring loaded sample clamping system presses the cylinder against the sample on the rubber mat so that a leak proof seal is obtained.
- The clamping force is adjustable. The cylinder lifts when 2 handle bars are pinched together.
- A device to determination of the weight increase of a sample contact with water for a given time.
- The mass of water absorb in a specific time by a one square meter of paper, board & corrugated fiber board under specified conditions is called water absorptiveness or cobb value.
- It also indicates the additive substance applied during process that improves printing quality and resistance to liquids.
- Lid clamped byway of spring loaded finger grips.
As per TAPPIT: